RE: Claire Miller public records
Date: November 24, 2018
University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill
Public Records department
Dear Records officers,
Under the North Carolina Public Records Law, G.S. §132-1. and N.C.G.S. §126-23, I am requesting an opportunity to obtain copies of public records personnel files as follows:
Claire Miller - Ms. Claire Miller's records show that she worked for your school from 1998 to 2008. (see attachment) Please provide the following information for the personnel file:
- Full Name (Frist, middle, and last name) ;
- Age (MM/DD/YYYY) ;
- Date of original employment or appointment to UNC ;
- The terms of any contract by which the employee is employed whether written or oral, past and current, to the extent that the agency has the written contract or a record of the oral contract in its possession;
- Date and amount of each increase or decrease in salary with that department, agency, institution, commission, or bureau;
8.Date and type of each promotion, demotion, transfer, suspension, separation, or other change in position classification with that department, agency, institution, commission, or bureau;
- Date and general description of the reasons for each promotion or demotion orseparationwith that department, agency, institution, commission, or bureau;
10.Date and type of each dismissal, suspension, or demotion for disciplinary reasons taken by the department, agency, institution, commission, or bureau. If the disciplinary action was a dismissal, a copy of the written notice of the final decision of the head of the department setting forth the specific acts or omissions that are the basis of the dismissal; and
- The office or station to which the employee is currently assigned.
If there are any fees for searching or copying these records, please inform me if the cost will exceed $_10_____.
However, I would also like to request a waiver of all fees in that the disclosure of the requested information is in the public interest.
This information is not being sought for commercial purposes.
The law requires that you respond to and fulfill this request "as promptly as possible." If you expect a significant delay in responding to and fulfilling this request,
please contact me with information about when I might expect copies or the ability to inspect the requested records.
If you deny any or all of this request, please cite each specific exemption you feel justifies the refusal to release the information and notify me of the appeal procedures available to me under the law. Please email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) all requests no later than today November 12/1/2018, at 3:00 PM would be appreciated.
Thank you for considering my request.